What We Do
- The Coalition provides grants to students living in the South County for sports, field trips, PE and school clothes, supplies, music lessons, camps, college and career readiness expenses and other enrichment activities.
- The Coalition reacts quickly to help families in need with basic needs such as food, clothing, gas, utilities and healthcare.
- The Coalition provides no cost parenting and child-parent participation classes to help parents develop the tools they need to communicate with their children, help their children stay mentally and physical healthy and find positive alternatives to risky behaviors.
- The Coalition partners with organizations, businesses and community members to sponsor a robust Holiday Program bringing gifts and food to struggling families in South County.
- The Coalition encourages collaboration among youth serving agencies to promote a healthy community for kids and their families in South County, through increased opportunities for education, recreation and community involvement.
The SCYC was formed in 1995 with members from public and private agencies that provide services to children and their families. In 1997 the coalition was expanded to include youth, the business community, elected officials, parents and other concerned citizens of the South County. The coalition was incorporated and received tax-exempt status in 1998.